4. Vectric Cut 2D
1. Open Vectric Cut2D
2. Click Edit > Material size
3. Enter the following date
– The width and height of the material
– Zero position: Thickness, Z zero(Top or bottom of the material), XY Origin Position (Four corner or centre)
4. Click File > Import and select your vector file. The file formats can be .dxf, .eps, .ai, .pdf etc.
5. You can edit and position the vector by using the icons on the left hand side
Highlight the vector that you want to cut and click “Create profile toolpath”, “Create pocket toolpath” or “Create drilling toolpath” for following cutting function
“Create profile toolpath” cuts following the vector
“Create pocket toolpath” cuts the area inside the enclosed vector
“Create drilling toolpath” drills hole at the centre points of the vector
Using “Draw Circle”, you can draw a circle by entering the coordinate, so you can use the circle as the vector for the drilling position.
6. Set the Cutting Depth, Tool, and Machine Vectors.
7. Click Tool > Select to enter the size of drill bit, cutting parameters, speeds of cutting and tool number
8. To add tabs, you can check the box of “Add tabs to toolpath” and directly click on the vector at the position where you want to add the tabs.
9. Click the icon “Preview toolpaths” and select the toolpath, which you want to preview, in the toolpath list.
10. Click “Preview Toolpath” or “Preview all toolpaths” to start the cutting preview.
11. Click the icon “Save Toolpath”. Select corresponding machine (Roland 650 or Roland 40) and check the box “Output direct to machine”. Click “Sam Toolpath to File” and the machine will start cutting.